Seldom does a property such as the Cottonwood Ranch become available for sale in northeast Colorado of this size and blocked together as one unit. This ranch is situated 8± miles northeast of Crook, CO or 18± miles southwest of Julesburg, CO in Sedgwick County adjacent to the eastern Logan County line. This 11,017± acre ranch offers a well-balanced combination of 540± pivot irrigated, 52± acres of flood irrigated, 2,203± acres sub-irrigated meadows and recreational land, live water along Cottonwood Creek, and a large block of 5,019± acres deeded pasture and 3,203± acres state lease pasture. Adjacent to Julesburg Reservoir – hunting and recreational opportunities are endless!
- Sedgwick County, CO
- Cottonwood Ranch
- Listing # 192066
- 11,017± Total Acres
- Sedgwick County, CO
- 18± miles SW of Julesburg, CO
- 8± miles NE of Crook, CO
- Adjacent to Julesburg Reservoir (Jumbo)
- 634 Julesburg Irrigation District (JID) Acres
- 540± acres irrigated cropland via six pivots
- 52± acres flood irrigated cropland
- 2,203± acres sub-irrigated pasture
- 5,019± acres deeded pasture
- 3,203± acres State Lease pasture
- Year-round live water along Cottonwood Creek
- Multiple ponds and canals across the property
- Great hunting and recreational opportunities
- Multiple homes, cattle working facilities and large calving barn
- Easily accessible and conveniently situated between I-76 and I-80
- Asking Price: $7,100,000
Property DetailsColor Brochure
Well balanced NE Colorado ranch with pivot irrigation, sub-irr meadows, live water, and state lease and deeded pasture. Adjacent to Jumbo Reservoir – hunting and recreational opportunities!
Contact listing office for complete legal description.
540 ± Acres Pivot Irrigated
52 ± Acres Flood Irrigated
2,203 ± Acres Sub-Irr Pasture / Recreation
5,019 ± Acres Pasture/Site
3,203 ± Acres State Lease Pasture
11,017 ± Acres TOTAL
268.7 ac corn base w/113 bu PLC yield and 78.5 ac wheat base w/59 bu PLC yield.
634 District Acres in Julesburg Irrigation District (JID); irrigation rights from Cottonwood Creek (McWilliams Canal – 8.0 cfs with priority dated 6/19/1894; Parker Ditch – 15.0 cfs with priority dated 3/25/1907).
6 pivot sprinklers – 3 Reinkes (’08 6-tower; ’08 9-tower; ’11 7-tower); 2 Zimmatics (both ’04 7-tower); 1 Valley (older 8-tower); booster pumps/motors.
Mineral rights are reserved.
None; possession of cropland after 2020 growing season.
Cropland and pasture subject to lease for 2020; landlord share to be negotiated based on time of year property sells.
REAL ESTATE TAXES
2019 R/E Taxes: $15,615.04;
2020 Julesburg Irrigation Assessments: $15,533.00.
Asking Price: $7,100,000
Good funds at closing.
Showing by appointment only; call listing office to schedule and appointment.