The Swedlund Ranch at North Sterling Reservoir is a rare opportunity to own private land along the shoreline of northeastern Colorado’s North Sterling State Park. Encompassing 2,149± deeded acres of well-managed native grasses, the topographical diversity of the ranch also provides excellent habitat for a variety of wild game. Thoughtfully preserved with a conservation easement to ensure the ranch maintains its historical roots, yet portions of the ranch are open for you to utilize as you see fit. With unmatched hunting and fishing opportunities, this working ranch is truly one of a kind.
- Logan County, CO
- 2,149± deeded acres
- Logan County, Colorado
- Located 18± miles northwest of Sterling or 145± miles northeast of Denver
- Ranch has been well-maintained and not over-grazed
- Cross-fenced for rotational grazing
- Diverse mix of native warm and cool season grasses with excellent sod cover
- 10± miles of mature shelterbelt trees
- 5± miles of shoreline on the north/west sides of North Sterling Reservoir
- Owner-rated carrying capacity of 80-95 pairs on a year-round basis (buyer should use own judgment on estimating carrying capacity)
- Improvements include: historical cabin (non inhabitable), new 1,500 sq. ft. pole building with concrete floor and insulation (set up for RV parking); livestock sheds and corrals
- Private access to the 2,880± acre reservoir (with appropriate Parks pass)
- Park activities include boating, camping, fishing, hiking, archery, and many more
- Unbelievable panoramic views and sunsets overlooking the reservoir
- Elevation near 4,000 ft. (above sea level)
- Conservation Easement to preserve historical use of the property as a working ranch
- 3 Future Residential Building Envelopes reserved until 2033
- 160± acres of the ranch are excluded from the conservation easement to allow for any type of use or future construction.
- Topographical diversity with open, rolling plains, rock outcroppings, sub-irrigated areas along the shoreline
- Located in GMU 89 - whitetail and mule deer, antelope, bobcat, turkey and other small game
- Located in central flyway - waterfowl hunting on the reservoir with private access
- North Sterling State Park:
- - Excellent fishing for walleye, saugeye, and crappie; quality fishing for wiper and channel catfish
- - Waterfowl - ducks, canadian geese, snow geese, etc.
Property DetailsColor Brochure Building Envelope Map
With over 5± mi of shoreline, this unique, historical ranch presents a rare opportunity! Diverse in topography and native grasses with unmatched hunting and recreation at your doorstep.
Lengthy; please call listing office for full legal description.
2,149.0± Total Acres Pasture
Rolling terrain with areas of sub-irrigation and rock outcroppings along the reservoir shoreline. The ranch includes a variety of native cool and warm season grasses.
One permitted domestic/stock well.
Seller to reserve 50% of any OWNED mineral rights for 20 years.
Negotiable depending on time of year property sells.
Estimated R/E Taxes
2020 R/E Taxes: $1,190±
5% earnest money; good funds at closing.
A conservation easement, which covers most of the property, preserves the historic use as a working cattle ranch. There are 3 future residential building envelopes reserved until 2033 that can be developed. Additionally, 160± adjacent to the reservoir is not included within the easement, allowing potential Buyer(s) to use and/or construct improvements as desired.
SHOWINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY— contact listing office to schedule. All terms are subject to change and/or negotiable depending on time of year property sells. Terms negotiated in purchase contract take precedence over any printed marketing materials.